Never miss another waste collection day with the new Simcoe County Collects app
Midhurst/May 27, 2019 – It’s “app”ening, the County of Simcoe is now offering residents a new mobile device application that provides an easy one-stop location for waste collection information. View your upcoming collection schedule, receive reminders, search the Waste Wizard to learn how to properly dispose of items, receive information on waste management sites, and more.
“The County of Simcoe strives to develop sustainable and efficient programs to promote and improve the environmental health of our region, and we’re proven leaders and innovators in solid waste management services and programs,” said Warden George Cornell. “This new app is a great use of technology to provide residents with reliable information on waste management initiatives in a quick and convenient way.”The Simcoe County Collects app is available through Google Play or the App Store. In addition to receiving service impact alerts, residents can set the application to allow notifications, so you never miss another collection date. Residents can even provide feedback on their waste collection services directly to the County via the application. For more information, visit simcoe.ca/wasteschedule.
• The new app features the Waste Wizard, which is also available on simcoe.ca The Waste Wizard allows residents to quickly search items and determine how and where to dispose of them
• The Simcoe County Collects app uses interactive maps to show residents where our eight waste management sites are located. It also informs residents of which items they accept, as well as their operating hours
• The County of Simcoe provides residential waste collection services to approximately 144,000 locations across 16 municipalities
• The County has launched the #growyourgreenbin campaign to promote sustainable waste practices
• Only 31 percent of the average County resident’s garbage is actually garbage; the rest should’ve gone into the green bin or other recycling programs
The County of Simcoe is composed of sixteen member municipalities and provides crucial public services to County residents in addition to providing paramedic and social services to the separated cities of Barrie and Orillia. Visit our website at simcoe.ca.